S.A.P. 038-600-019 (SPRA)
S.A.P. 038-594-001 (LRIP)
on East Lakeview Drive Lake County Silver Bay, MN
RECEIPT AND OPENING OF PROPOSALS:
• Electronic Bids will be received until 11:00 a.m. on August 17, 2023 through Bid Express www.bidexpress.com for the construction of the Lake County project listed above.
• Proposals will be opened and read publicly at 11:01 a.m. on this date by the Clerk of the County Board at Lake County Service Center, 616 3rd Avenue, Two Harbors, MN 55606-1504.
• Plan holders, Bidders and the Public are welcome to join the bid opening by video conference. Information on how to access the public bid opening can be obtained by contacting the Lake County Highway Department. at 218-834-8380.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: The work includes the construction of approximately:
400 CU YD EXCAVATION – ROCK
3,500 CU YD COMMON
10,700 CU YD EXCAVATION – COMMON
5,500 CU YD EXCAVATION – CHANNEL AND POND
3,900 CY YD SELECT GRANULAR EMBANKMENT
8,700 TON AGGREGATE BASE CLASS 5
2,300 TON BITUMINOUS MIXTURES
10 EACH 12” – 72” RC PIPE APRON
175 LIN FT 24” – 72” RC PIPE CULVERT
520 LIN FT 12” – 24” RC PIPE SEWER
28 LIN FT CONSTRUCT DRAINAGE STRUCTURE
31 LIN FT RECONSTRUCT DRAINAGE STRUCTURE
55 LIN FT CONCRETE CURB & GUTTER
725 SQ FT CONCRETE VALLEY GUTTER
2.5 ACRE SEEDING
3,650 LIN FT PAVEMENT MARKINGS (PAINT – GROUND IN)
together with numerous related items of work, all in accordance with Plans and Specifications. This project is subject to Prevailing Wage Rates, Truck Rentals, Equal Employment Opportunity Provisions, and Responsible Contractor Certification.
COMPLETION OF WORK: All work under the Contract must be complete by October 31, 2024.
PLAN HOLDERS LIST, ADDENDUMS AND BID TABULATION: The plan holders list, addendums and bid tabulations will be available for download on-line at https:// www.co.lake.mn.us/, www.bidexpress. com. Any addendums may also be distributed by mail, fax, or email.
TO OBTAIN BID DOCUMENTS:
• You may view the digital plan documents for free by entering Bid Express Solicitation # SAP 038-600-019 on the website’s Project Search page. Documents may be viewed for FREE. FEES apply to documents downloaded by Vendors. Please contact bidexpress.com at 888-352-2439 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in Vendor Account membership registration, viewing, downloading, and working with this digital project information.
• An optional paper set of project documents is also available for a nonrefundable price of $150.00 per set, which includes applicable sales tax and shipping. Please make your check payable to Bolton & Menk, Inc. and send it to 4960 Miller Trunk Highway, Suite 550, Duluth, MN 55811, (218) 729-5939.
Inquiries and questions are to be submitted through Bid Express.
BID SUBMITTAL: A Bid shall be submitted no later than the date and time prescribed and at the place indicated in the advertisement or invitation to bid. For this project, Lake County will be accepting ONLY online electronic bids through BIDEXPRESS. To access the electronic bidding click the “FOR VENDORS” button at the top of the Bid Express website, set up or LOGIN to your Vendor Account, select the project, download the project documents and complete the bidding process online.
Prospective bidders must be on the plan holders list through Bid Express for bids to be accepted. Bids will be received for a single prime Contract. Bids shall be on a unit price basis for the Base bid, with any add alternate bid items as indicated on the Bid Form.
BID SECURITY/PROPOSAL GUARANTY: This bond or guaranty may be submitted through Bid Express using Surety 2000 or Surety Wave. An electronic copy of a certified check, cashier’s check, or paper bid bond in the amount of not less than 5 percent of the total amount bid, drawn in favor of Lake County shall be uploaded through Bid Express.
A Proposal Guaranty in the form of a bond must meet the following requirements:
1. Issued by a corporation authorized by the Minnesota Department of Commerce to contract as a surety in the State of Minnesota; and
2. Conditioned on execution of the Contract.
OWNER’S RIGHTS RESERVED: The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities and informalities therein and to award the Contract to other than the lowest bidder if, in their discretion, the interest of the Owner would be best served thereby.
DATED: July 21, 2023
/S/ Jason DiPiazza